Metrix 440 electronic vibration switch
Metrix 440 Configurator
|Single or Dual Trip / Analog Signal Output|
|Analog Signal Output|
|Shutdown / Alarm Circuit|
|External Transducer Option|
Configured Part Number:
Metrix 440 electronic switch utilizes a solid state crystal accelerometer which provides an electrical output when it is deformed by the vibration forces. The output is electronically converted to a signal proportional to velocity. This signal is compared with a preset limit and triggers a solid state relay if the limit is exceeded. There are no moving parts in the Metrix 440 vibration switches except when configured with mechanical relays. While the Metrix 440 costs more than a mechanical switch, it uses the same technology as sophisticated remote monitoring systems and provides most of the capabilities of these systems at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost per monitor point.
An important feature of the switche is the built-in time delay. This prevents triggering of the alarm or shutdown functions from transient increases in vibration levels. It also avoids shutdown due to transitory vibrations occurring during start-up.
Almost all machines experience a few seconds of high vibration during start-up before reaching operating speed. When no time delay function is included, as with mechanical switches, this start-up vibration causes a trip. Frequently, the operator turns the trip setting up until he can get through start-up. The resultant trip level is too high to afford protection at the machine's operating speed.
Three-second alarm trip delay is standard on the switch. Alarm time delays are independently adjustable in the field over a range of 2 to 15 seconds.
- 4-20 mA output
- Built-in alarm time delay
- Reduce false triggering
- Velocity triggering provides protection at all frequencies
- Sensitivity is not affected by rotating speed of machinery
- Analog dial for setting limits
- Solid state relay contacts used for alarm and/or shutdown
- Field setable for N.O. or N.C.
- Remote reset capability
- Provision for self-test and calibration
- Built-in transducer or optional remote transducer
- Explosion-proof models (450 Series) available
- Cast aluminum enclosures meet NEMA 3, 4 and 12 standards